Drumcross Publishing’s Policy
Your privacy is very important to us. At Drumcross Publishing we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We won’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We won’t share your personal information with anyone except to fill a request, comply with the law, or protect our rights.
- We won’t store personal information unless required for the on-going operation of our business.
Information We Collect
Gathering of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
Like most website operators, Drumcross Publishing collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Drumcross Publishing’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Drumcross Publishing’s visitors use its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Drumcross Publishing’ websites choose to interact with Drumcross Publishing in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Drumcross Publishing gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. For those who wish to receive updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, Drumcross Publishing collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Drumcross Publishing. Drumcross Publishing does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Drumcross Publishing may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. However, Drumcross Publishing does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your request, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances.
Drumcross Publishing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Drumcross Publishing’s behalf or to provide services available at Drumcross Publishing’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Drumcross Publishing’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Drumcross Publishing will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Drumcross Publishing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Drumcross Publishing believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Drumcross Publishing, third parties or the public at large.
If you have supplied your email address, Drumcross Publishing may occasionally send you email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Drumcross Publishing and our products.
Drumcross Publishing takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved unless they were marked as false positives, in which case it is stored long enough to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely separately, alternatively, and independently on the following legal bases to transfer your information:
The European Commission has adopted standard contractual clauses (also known as Model Clauses), which provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside of Europe.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, C. Baker, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact them via this website. Alternately, you may mail them at:
C Baker, Office 76899, PO Box 4336, Manchester, M61 0BW